A Prayer For Today
the beginning of a new day. The Infinite Intelligence
has given me this day to use as I will. I will use it for good
because I am exchanging a day of my life for it! When tomorrow
comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving in its place something
that I have traded for it. In order that I shall rejoice in the
price that I have paid for it, I want that something to be a gain, not a
loss; good, not evil; success, not failure.
Follow the links below to find the area for
which you need
If you are in distress
you feel persecuted
To ask forgiveness
Before sleeping, for perfect harmony
in your life
When you are lonely
For Truth and teachings of truth
When you feel afraid, fearful, or
For enemies or neighbors who are
slandering or lying
To plead your case
For the poor; for a healing of your
For all nations
For the poor and needy
For the dying
For God as your Soldier
To bless God's holy name and all who
work for Him
To give Thanks for an answered prayer
For comfort in adversity
- Inspired by the Supreme
Intelligence, the Psalms are an age-old source of comfort and
consolation; they have been used for private and public prayer.
You will find that the following Psalms may be used as affirmations
in various situation.
Psalm 4: If you are in
- A Psalm of David
Hear me when I call, O god of my righteousness:
thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and
hear my prayer.
O ye sons of men, how
long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity,
and seek after leasing?
But know that the Lord
hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will
hear when I call unto him.
Stand in awe, and sin
not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still.
Offer the sacrifices of
righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.
There be many that say,
Who will show us any good? Lord, lift thou up the light of thy
countenance upon us.
Thou hast put gladness
in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine
I will both lay me down
in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, Only makest me dwell in safety.
Psalm 5: Before Meditation
A Psalm of David
ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation.
- Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my
King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.
- My voice shalt thou hear in the
morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee,
and will look up.
- For thou art not a God that hath
pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.
- The foolish shall not stand in thy
sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
- Thou shalt destroy them that speak
leasing: lord will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
- But as for me, I will come into thy
house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in the fear will I worship
toward thy holy temple.
- Lead me, O Lord, in thy righteousness
because of mine enemies: make thy way straight before my face.
- For there is no faithfulness in their
mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throu at is an
open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.
- Destroy thou them, O God; let them
fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their
transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee.
- but let all those that put their
trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou
defendest them: let them also that love they name be joyful in thee.
- For thou, Lord, wilt bless the
righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.
Psalm 6: For Health
A Psalm of David
- O Lord, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither
chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
- Have mercy upon me, O Lord; for I am
weak: O Lord, heal me; for my bones are vexed.
- My soul is also sore vexed: but thou,
O Lord, how long?
- Return, O Lord, deliver my soul: Oh
save me for thy mercies' sake.
- For in death there is no remembrance
of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
- I am weary with my groaning; all the
night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.
- Mine eye is consumed because of
grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies.
- Depart from me, all ye workers of
iniquity; for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping.
- The Lord hath heard my supplication;
the Lord will receive my prayer.
- Let all mine enemies be ashamed and
sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.
Psalm 7: If you feel
A Psalm of David
Lord, my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that
persecute me, and deliver me:
- Lest he tear my soul like a lion,
rending it in pieces, while there is none to deliver.
- O Lord my God, if I have done this;
if there be iniquity in my hands;
- If I have rewarded evil unto him that
was at peace with me; (yea, I have delivered him that without cause
is mine enemy:)
- Let the enemy persecute my soul, and
take it; yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay
mine honour in the dust.
- Arise, O Lord in thine anger, lift up
thyself because of the rage of mine enemies: and awake for me to the
judgment that thou hast commanded.
- So shall the congregation of the
people compass thee about: for their sakes therefore return
thou on high.
- The Lord shall judge the people;
judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, and according to
mine integrity that is in me.
- Oh Let the wickedness of the wicked
come to and end; but establish the just: for the righteous God
trieth the hearts and reins.
- My defence is of God, which saveth
the upright in heart.
- god judgeth the righteous, and God is
angry with the wicked every day.
- If he turn not, he will whet his
sword; he hath bent his bow, and made it ready.
- He hath also prepared for him the
instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the
- behold, he travaileth with iniquity,
and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.
- He made a pit, and digged it, and is
fallen into the ditch which he made.
- His mischief shall return upon his
own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own
- I will praise the Lord according to
his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the Lord most
Previous Back to Top Next
- Copyright ©
2000 Patricia Mischell & The Positive Living Center
- All Rights
- Online Prayers
| Prayer Request
| Prayers to Say |
| Grieving & God
| A Center For All